Accessible Information Solutions has developed a simple and cost effective technique to produce personalised Braille Business Cards. Taking the uncut stock from the printer, Accessible Information Solutions will emboss your name and telephone number on a standard business card, send it back to the printer for cutting who delivers your embossed business cards in a matter of days. At $0.20 per card, this is a cost effective, simple and very visible expression of commitment to accessibility.
Following are details to consider when preparing your Business Cards for Brailling.
- 8 up or greater printing preferred
- Sheet sizes of 197 x 297mm (A4) with cards printed in a portrait style is preferred as we can then use a range of embossers. Sheets smaller than this are acceptable.
- Maximum sheet size of 297 x 500, with the Braille oriented at landscape, i.e. running along the longest direction of the page.
- Stock should be uncoated, as coated stock may crack with embossing
- Stock 300gsm or smaller delivers the best Braille resolution, stock over this will deliver readable Braille, however the resolution is not as great i.e. Braille not as high.
Ordering Braille Business Cards
All business cards should be delivered as uncut stock. The details that are required to be embossed should be forwarded with material to:
- Margaret Campion
- 454 Glenferrie Road
- Kooyong VIC 3144
Standard business cards will fit a persons name and one contact number only. Please complete the details in the table below and forward with business cards or email to [email protected]
|Name to be brailled||Phone Number||Number of Cards|
All business cards will be embossed and returned to original printers for cutting. Please ensure that return address is provided. For additional queries, please contact Margaret Campion on 03 9864 9659 or Tony Clark on 03 9864 9702.